Assistant Conservator of Antiquities - The American School of Classical Studies at Athens
Full-time position for an assistant conservator at Corinth Excavations of the American School of Classical Studies, in Ancient Corinth. Starting date: January 2021, one-year initial contract and possibility of renewal.
Requirements / Qualifications:
• Degree in the conservation of antiquities, from a recognized institution.
• Proven experience in the conservation of archaeological finds.
• Excellent knowledge of Greek and English.
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, Photoshop, PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of digital media documentation (digital camera, phototgrammetry) desirable.
• Experience οn site conservation management projects desirable.
Basic Functions / Responsibilities:
• Conservation of ceramics found at each excavation period
• Organization and storage of ceramics according to the School’s system.
• Conservation of other excavation finds - materials (metal, glass, bone, stone, etc.).
• Conservation of onsite archaeological remains.
• Digital documentation of finds and preparation of conservation reports.
• Periodic inspection of the preservation status of the entire archaeological collection.
• Product research on conservation materials etc.
Applicants are kindly requested to send, by October 30, curriculum vitae, letter of interest, two letters of recommendation, copies of diplomas and certificates of prior experience, via email to: